Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How to deal with the fact people hate me because of malicious gossip?

I lived with a group of girls in my first year of University. I have now finished with a first class degree. None of them passed first year but have stayed in the city working as strippers (yes you read that correctly). Now I never had a problem with these girls. I was perfectly nice to them but made my own friends and used to rarely be in the flat as they were quite different people to me. However one night I was in a restaurant and a guy flung a glass of water over me. He then shouted at me saying I was a freak for claiming I slept with him! I presumed it was a case of mistaken identity but to cut a long story short it turns out these girls have been telling people I keep claiming I've slept with people I haven't, that I make up stores about being raped, and that I'm just a wierdo in general. As a result there is now a large social group of people who think I'm a piece of s*** (of course there is also a majority who know me and think these girls are nothing but scum). While I have finished my degree and no longer have to see these people I still see them around now and again and it just makes me so angry and upset that people think I'm something I'm not. I can't understand why you would think bad of someone you have never met just because someone says something about you. How can I help myself deal with this situation?How to deal with the fact people hate me because of malicious gossip?
You really need to confront these girls. There are no laws to protect you from their gossip. Frankly, if it were me - I would confront the nasty little.....and tell them to stop - not so politely because now, they are putting you in physical danger.How to deal with the fact people hate me because of malicious gossip?
The main thing is that the people you care about know that it's just gossip.


Unfortunately most people enjoy a bit of gossip to distract themselves from day to day life, and to make themselves feel better.


However if it does get worse and you can confirm that these girls are responsible, and might be affecting your professional career in the area, you could consult a solicitor for slander.
Consult a lawyer in regard to slander - probably there's not alot the law can do, but I think that even a letter from a lawyer to these girls stating that you plan to take them to court if the slander doesn't stop will probably put a halt to their activities. Other than that just hold your head up and remind yourself that these girls are strippers, their friends are probably their clients too, don't worry what people like this think of you, no one else does (no one with a sense of morality anyway). It will go away with time.
Remember that those girls are liars with no futures, and that the people who really matter to you know that you are nothing like that.





I think you should consult a lawyer about this, because it could be argued that what they said about you had an effect on the situation in your workplace, and their malicious lies caused all kinds of upset at your work, which was completely unnecessary. I think that it would be worth looking into, for sure.
before you get hurt just change schools!!!! females are vicious..
First and foremost you are innocent of these gossip scandals so hold your head high and ignore it.If people believe on ';hearsay'; then they are being Judgemental without reason.Seems to be that the girls in question are insecure individuals who cannot handle the fact that you have gained a degree, they are not worth your time. x

No comments:

Post a Comment