Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do u guys deal with self-consciousness?

i guess my whole life i got problem with caring too much about what others think about me. i tried ways to fix it and be more active but i seem to get shyer by the day. i used to not really have a problem with this back in hs but as i got older certain problems hit me and i secluded myself more and more and began to drink/use drugs to come out of my shell more. all that happened was people saw what phony i am and disrespect is all i get these days except for a few good friends i have. i try to act cool and calm but i often overhear people mocking me. i have been through depression and the doctors label me as bipolar. i've done the whole medication/therapy but i think it is truly my worst demon. i ended up in the mental hospital before, etc. etc. how have u guys dealt with it? i have been trying to fix this problem for a few years now that i actually lost myself. i don't even know what it means to ';be myself'; anymore. i shy away from social events obviously and i never get any girls as a result. people joke that i'm gay all the time because of this bullsh*t and it really kills me inside because i think to be labeled a *** is f*cking demeaning when u r not. same as being called a loser, whatever. i used to be the nice guy that attracted tons of people to me and looked out for everybody but i have become an insecure loner that hurts others to feel better. life is good to me in every way but i can't seem to shake this problem. it really sucks to be me right now. is there a way back?How do u guys deal with self-consciousness?
Build up your confidence starting in small social situations.





I think the best thing for you to do is to let loose. If you suppress something because you're worried about what others are going to think about, DO IT. You'll soon realize that these ideas of how people are judging you are fictitious.





Think past those people and be willing to have them think poorly of you. Experiment. Don't give a **** what they think. Eventually, you'll have the confidence to make new friends in new environments.





Standing there paralyzed with self-doubt will never be appealing to anyone. Experimenting without inhibition just might be.How do u guys deal with self-consciousness?
I'm sorry to hear about such a hard past.


From my personal experience, the way to find ';yourself'; and be who you are is to not try. Think to yourself, if nobody is around, and no one matters, and no one cares what I do, what would I do to enjoy myself? Think of things that you like to do, that interest you, that you enjoy, regardless of what others think. I can almost guarantee that when you let go and not care what others think of you, people will want to be your friend and will be drawn to you because they will see that they enjoy the genuine and honest person you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment