Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do you guys deal with mean people?

I never know how to react. You can't change people, so what do you do? Just stare at them? I swear, sometimes I have nothing to say to them because I don't see the point of a conversation that won't go anywhere. I want to live a life of integrity %26amp; PEACE, so 'defending myself' all the time isn't my cup of tea (because I don't care if they agree with my opinion or not... everyone thinks differently), yet I feel like I soak up other people's negative energy and I don't enjoy being around them. I feel like it's a waste of my time. I'd rather go for a walk than listen to people complain, judge, yell and be miserable.





I've been trying to figure this out for some time now. .... should I just cut out ALL mean / negative / bitter / toxic people out of my life??? lol Any wise %26amp; peaceful people out there with advice?? :D





Thank you in advance!!!How do you guys deal with mean people?
Cut them out of the details of your life. Be polite, but own your own life and your own schedule. Being polite and a little bit aloof keeps them from geting under your skin.How do you guys deal with mean people?
Remember that you have no power over people, place or things.


You only have power over your responce to them.


Try praying for tham and remain at peace.
Well yeah i mean there is no point being around people that bring you down etc and who are rude ,tell them to feck off and move on to better people
I completely ignore/blank them and walk away. i hate confrontation and when i was younger i used to fight back but it only used to encourage them to say worse things!!
just ignore the madness their in and get on their good side, and always agree with them.
Wow You Sound Just Like Me!


Mean People Suck... And Your Right, Whats The Point Of Starting An Argument? They Would Understand Anyway, I Would Love To Know What Goes Through There Mind. Be Proud That You Are Above Them, My Advice Is Look At Them And Simply Laugh To Yourself And How Much Better And Happier You Are. :)
I completely know what you're talking about and for years I tight-rope walked around everyone else so I wouldn't offend anyone and did the right thing when they could care 2 hoots about me.





The day I started not caring (not about them but about their issues with me) my life started talking on new meaning.





I have some of the most toxic and miserable family known to man. Even other people say so and then say ';no offense';. And honestly there's none taken.





You can always be civil but just dettach yourself from their energy-sucking ways. Just don't be available anymore.....go for a nice life-long stroll....you'll love it !



Well I have to say, from experience, that I use to be a peppy, happy, positive person 24/7. If someone was negative around me, it was ME that would cheer them up. Now I've noticed after being around so many crazy negative people, that I am soaking up their negativity also, and I see myself slowing turning into that. I hate it when you walk by and say ';hi, how are you'; and people look at you like you are stupid. It seems like you have to be rude and mean to get anything out of this world. Ha. I have slowly started distancing myself away from those negative people in my life... as much as I don't want to... it is helping me get myself back to how I use to be. I'm not in this whole ';self-absorbed, bring everybody down'; world anymore. Be careful, because its contagious and misery loves company.
Be around them only when necessary. Don't give them any access to your internal world. When you are around them, adapt as best you can to their emotional disturbance and plan your escape as fast as possible. Have a way to decompress afterward.
People might be more information to answer this question. You will have to respond differently depending on the type of relationship you have with the person. Is it your boss? It is your mother? Is it strangers on the bus?


Without any specific information, I can tell you that you have half of the battle beat just by not needing to defend yourself.


Other than that, there is a great book called ';Boundaries'; that may help you out. Good boundaries are the key to most relationships. Let them own what's there's.


Sounds like you're on a good track with a good perspective.
exactly, life is too short to be miserable, so just go your own way and ignore all the mean and hate full people. i think when we reach maturity, we don't let what other people think influence us and we don't' surround ourselves with negative poeple.

No comments:

Post a Comment