Saturday, August 21, 2010

This is more of Survey/Questionnaire: How do you guys deal with your pre-race apprehensions?

I tend to get really nervous before my XC meets and Track events. I often start pacing A LOT before my event comes up and I think this is probably counter-productive because It burns up energy. I usually warm-up too much as well, because I can't stand sitting around.... it kills me! A lot of people on my team listen to music and they seem totally chilled out, even when we are starting in 10 minutes! I find I can't just sit around like that. Any comments? What do you do to keep off the pre-race jitters?This is more of Survey/Questionnaire: How do you guys deal with your pre-race apprehensions?
I use to imagine me winning the race while waiting whether I had a chance or not. It allowed me to get psyched up and it usually caused me to perform better in a race because I envisioned winning in my mind.This is more of Survey/Questionnaire: How do you guys deal with your pre-race apprehensions?
Once a guy told Muhammed Ali that he would get really nervous before a match, but he kept saying to himself, i am Muhammed Ali,i am Muhammed Ali to make himself get over his apprehension. And Ali responded with, you know what i do the same thing. Learn how to channel that nervous energy. Hero,s and cowards feel the same way,but it is what you do that makes you a hero and what you don,t do that makes you a coward. Good Luck Friend.
I do that too. I'm so restless. And when I'm not restless, my friends are. Especially before my freshman races. Because I know my coach expected me to do so well since I run varsity. I was so nervous, I wanted to rip my hair out. I usually lean against something and take a couple deep breaths. Or close my eyes and try to relax. Talking to the people who's running the same race also helps me relax too.
Adrenaline is good. Keep it under control by doing some deep breathing and visualizing yourself succeeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment