Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you guys deal with the monthly dissapontment?

I figure if you are in TTC forums then you are probably TTC. I also know that it usually takes a while to get that first + HPT. My question is how do you deal with the major let down of AF coming? For me I'm 28 years old and I suppose not as fertile as if I was younger, on top of that I've had PID (from an IUD) Endemetriosis and that lowers my odds even more. All I have ever wanted to do was be a SAHM. And if i get pregnant I actually have a husband who agrees with me staying home 100%. I just get majorly disappointed when I don't get pregnant. I feel as if I'm broken and not 100% female because I have not succeeded at pregnancy. I don't know what I'll do if I find out that I just physically can't. And then there's the added sting of salt when I see people who are obviously unfit having kids (yes multiple) or people who don't want to get pregnant ending up PG. IT'S UBER FRUSTRATING! How do you guys TTC do this month after month?How do you guys deal with the monthly dissapontment?
It helps to have a supportive husband. It sounds like yours is on plan with creating the best environment for your future children, so hopefully he is encouraging during this time for you, too. We have been TTC about 5 months now (not nearly as long as some others on here, but it feels like a decade) and month after month... we just deal. It is hard getting negative after negative but in the end, it will be worth it. Just keep focused on the end result. You'll get there. :)





Until you DO have that baby in your arms... try going on a date. If you test and it is negative, get all dressed up and go on a nice date with your husband. It doesn't have to be anywhere fancy, but the act of getting all dolled up for your husband will definitely bless him and it's really nice to enjoy the freedom to date while you still can without having to find a babysitter and/or bring the kids along. Oh! And while you guys are on your date.... no TTC talk. Don't talk about work or finances....nothing that can stress you out. It totally takes your mind off the negative and really gives you something to smile about. :)





I hope I helped! Good luck and lots of baby dust!How do you guys deal with the monthly dissapontment?
i was monthly disappointed for 10 months and now i got knocked up. Just don't give up
I've been with my husband for 8 years and during the first 6 years I never got pregnant. We weren't exactly trying but we were by no means being careful either. I have PCOS and I just knew that I would never be able to be pregnant. Every time I would get the slightest symptom before I my period I just KNEW I was pregnant. Then, my period would come and I would be crushed. Finally I just decided that I didn't care anymore. I was tired of being let down every single month. The very next time my period was due it was a day or so late. I told my husband about it and he told me not to get my hopes up because I wasn't pregnant. Well, a few more days went by and then a few more and no AF. While he was at work one night I went out and bought a pregnancy test and I found out I was pregnant. The very month I stopped worrying about it happening it finally did! I don't know if this was a coincidence or if it actually had something to do with me getting pregnant but that's how it happened for me. So don't be discouraged. It will happen. You just need to quit worrying about it so much. Enjoy trying for a baby because after you do get pregnant and your little angle arrives you won't have nearly as much time on your hands! Good luck!
I agree, it is quite frustrating... I feel the same way. We have been on this ';journey'; for 21 months now, and I am so excited for the day that we get our positive. ;) My way of dealing with it is to try to be as positive as possible, and remember to think, ';Well, new cycle, new opportunity!'; It has actually started to help me, surprisingly. I hope you get your positive soon! Good luck!
It is true that being stressed out about having a baby can make you have less chances of it actually happening. Just relax and go with the flow and sooner or later it will happen. I am sure you just need to relax and be calm and then before you know it you will be PG! Baby dust to you!
Hi hon





Well we started ttc in Feb 09 and got pregnant in June 09 but miscarried. Tried everything since then (sex every day, every otherday, on top, from behind lol, EVERYTHING) Then this month I decided I'd had enough and I enjoyed myself, went out, had fun, had sex twice...lo and behold BFP!





I truley think I was too stressed to conceive and it does make a difference.





Good luck and baby dust
I recommend reading the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility and checking out FertiltyFriend.com. Both are amazing resources when TTC and can perhaps increase your odds! Good luck!
i deal with it by finding the humour in our infertility, i stumped upon a site called 999 reasons to laugh at infertility. We've been ttc for 47 cycles, no luck, I'm 28, he's 26.5. We've got low sperm count, and are doing IVF in the spring, it's scary stuff, but I think it's going to be worth it! Try not to get depressed, it will drive you crazy, in the meantime check out the site, it makes me laugh, all the time! It's just a refection on how crazy us gals get be when ttc!





http://999reasonstolaughatinfertility.bl鈥?/a>
Well it sounds as if your hubby is very supporting and that is truly a blessing. The monthly disappointment is difficult. I have been TTC for almost 15 months now and it honestly never gets any easier. I just continue to keep my faith and pray. I know that the Lord does not give us more than we could bear. You will be blessed when he feels it is time. Take great comfort in the fact that you have a supportive husband and I am sure friends who care. Just know the more negatives you get the closer you will get to that positive. There really isn鈥檛 too much that I can tell you that has not already been told to you. Just know that you are not alone and there will always be a woman out there that is in a situation worse than you, who has been trying twice as long. Best wishes to you and please don鈥檛 give up!
I know it difficult and I also wonder hoe other ladies do it.. because sometimes it just to much..I try not let it get me down and just tell myself its a new start and try again and again..its very difficult but you have stay positive and try to stress your self to much and someday your time and mine will come...


Lost of Baby Dust to All TTC Ladies....








TTC Baby Miracle # 1
I try to prepare my self by buying pads and tampons before my eventual period date so I try to think that I know I will have my period and I won't be disappointed again. Also, I'll start telling my husband that I will have my period soon I'll just bring it up for no reason...


I know I am fooling my self but the disappointment is hard..


.Besides everyone from both of our families asks when theyare going to hear the big news, which is putting even more pressure, and I feel that I am disappointing everyone.





I hope eveything turns out ok for all those who are hoping to have babies.





My best wishes to all.
  • windows vista
  • c++
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment