Monday, August 16, 2010

How do you guys deal with errors?

i made an error yesterday, a pop fly to LF and i over ran the ball (imma probably move to RF now :() the batter got a doubleHow do you guys deal with errors?
A couple of things to tell yourself.


First off, there isn't a player alive who can say they never made an error. (or at least not if they played a fair amount of ball)


Secondly, try to learn something from it. Don't dwell on it, but think about what you could have done differently to avoid making that error.


Third, be honest with yourself. Did you make the error purely as a physical mistake, or did you make some sort of mental error (maybe playing out of position, being distracted, etc.) that caused it? I know back in my day, I never worried about making a physical mistake, but a mental error always ate me up because it showed my head wasn't in the game.


Fourth, use it as incentive to work harder on your game. Take a few more fly balls, maybe go over situations in your head, etc.





And finally, remember an old adage. ';Face it, embrace it, erase it.'; That is to accept that it happened, use the fact that it happened to improve yourself, and then move on.How do you guys deal with errors?
Just forget about that error you made and keep on playing. Lots of baseball players commit errors so don't worry.
I usually yell out 1 profane word, punch the inside of my glove afew times and then continue with the game. No need letting it burn you up for the rest of the game. Errors are going to happen and if your not in the right state of mind, then they happen more frequently.
Every once in a while, I'll make an error. I just forget about it and move on. I know I'll get another chance in the field, or I could redeem myself at the plate. I just say to myself it happens to the major leaguers and it's part of the game.
ive made a few errors in the infield, never one in the outfield though. i just recently robbed a homerun
You should give up baseball and become a proffesional garbage man becuz your the only person in the whole world whoever committed an error.
During the game try to forget that it happened. Lots of times that can make you do worse. Realize that one play doesn't win or lose the game. It is a team sport.





After the game go over what happened. You might want to practice the thing you did wrong if it was a physical error. If it was a mental error try to figure out what you should have done or ask the coach if you don't know.





Everyone makes errors- it is part of the game, so don't beat yourself up!

No comments:

Post a Comment