Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I am in treatment and there are so many rules to follow. how do you guys deal with boredom and stress?

Learn to meditate, take it a day at a time, make a list of things you are grateful for, let go of things you are trying to control that don't matter, let the other guy or girl win an argument sometimes, You get the idea.I am in treatment and there are so many rules to follow. how do you guys deal with boredom and stress?
Boredom? I submit lots of sarcastic responses in Yahoo Answers.





Stress? Masturbate.I am in treatment and there are so many rules to follow. how do you guys deal with boredom and stress?
Check out Reducing Stress


( http://www.reducingstress.net )


They have the best info I have found on how to understand and reduce stress.
I work on making it a better world, and myself a better person. Doing this and handling stress is best done by daily* meditation.





*It has to be daily or you won't get much result.
I believe In the powers of Jesus Christ and what He did on the Cross. It was not until I began a relationship with God/Jesus that I was able to have the life that I have now. I was an alcoholic and a victim of sexual abuse as a child, I was a victim of domestic violence, and I could go on and on, the fact is it was the Power in the Healing of Jesus that healed me completely of my past. I have experienced through prayer and living a life for my savior something that is very hard to put into mere words because I do not believe that is possible and all who are followers of Jesus/God will tell you until one gives His/Her life to the Lord it is a personal experience yet one that is life changing to say the least. I believe in God and His Word the Holy bible it is the word of God lets say a letter to His people to all mankind, there is no secrete to the bible the only thing one needs to understand it is to receive Jesus into there heart and Have Faith that Jesus is the son of God and to realize that we all are sinners and fall short of the glory of God.





I like to ask a couple of questions and one of them is





Have you come to a place in your spiritual life that if you were to die today would you know for certain that you were going to heaven? Or is this something that you are still working on?





I know I am going to spend eternity in Heaven and I have no doubt. I have a peace. And I live to tell others about Jesus.





1john5:13 I write these things so that you may know you have eternal life





Romans6:23 for the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.





Ephesians 2:8-9





for it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves it is a gift of God- not- by works so no- one- can boast.





If a friend gave you a gift would you pay him for it and if you did what would that gift no longer be? Right it would not be a gift if you paid for it. Like Jesus’ Death on the cross, He died for your sins and the moment He died He took into Him all the sins of the world even yours He paid the price for your entrance into heaven . . . even though we are ungrateful sinners mocking Him and denying Him. He loved us anyway He Loved us First. This is Gods Gift to us. His son was the only perfect sacrifice and He Gave His son for us.





We do not earn our way to heaven nor do we deserve this Gift but it is just this. . . . A GIFT.





This can be seen more clearly when we understand what the bible says about man





Romans 3:23





For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God





When we think of sin many times we think only of the big ones murder robbery adultery. . The Bible tells us sin is anything that does not please God or is a transgression in His law, anything! that we do that we shouldn’t, like loosing our temper or stealing these are sins of commission anything that we should do but don’t do these are sins of omission, there are not only sins of deed but also sins in word and thought like lying, cursing lust pride and hatred. The bible says these are all sins





If we were to sin ten times a day or even five just three why i would practically be an angel! imagine if no more then three times a day did i think unkind thoughts or loose my temper or fail to do what i ought towards God and man I would be a pretty fine person would I not?





Even if I were this good I would still have over 1,000 transgressions a year! If I lived to be the age of 70 I would have 70,000 violations of the law of God on my record. . . Think what would happen to a habitual offender in a criminal court with 70,000 transgressions on his record? . . . You see this illustrates that not only am I a sinner but also that my sin is a very serious issue.





Say. .lets says I’m going to make you breakfast and your sitting there and I am going to make you a great omelet sound good?





I crack open five eggs and then crack open the sixth egg and it is stinky rotten, I could not serve that omelet to you not to anyone! Even less can we serve up our lives to God which may have many good things in them that men would call good and yet are filled with deeds and thoughts that are rotten and expect them to be acceptable to God





If we want to get into heaven by our good works then all we have to do is be perfect as our heavenly father is perfect as the bible says in Matthew 5:48.





I hope you see now why it is impossible to get to heaven by good works.





Let me explain about God





God is merciful therefore does not want to punish us





1john4:8b God is love





God is just therefore must punish sin





Exodus 34:7b





Yet He does not leave the guilty unpunished











God solved this problem in the person of Jesus Christ





And who is He?





Jesus is the infinite God/Man





1john1:1, 14





In the beginning was the Word and the word was with God and the word was God The word became flesh and made His dwelling among us we have seen His glory the glory of the one and only who came from the father full of grace and truth





What He did?





He died on the cross and rose from the dead to pay the penalty for our sins and to purchase a place for us in heaven.











Let’s say I am holding a book in my right hand and I tell you this book is a minutely detailed account of my life each page details the sin of a particular day every word I have spoken every thought that crossed my mind every deed that I have done











Here is the problem. . This book, my sin. . . God loves me but He hates my sin . . . and must punish it, my hand holding my book of sin represents me the book is my sin and God my free hand I am holding above my book of sin, ya see my sin is between me and God.





To solve this problem He sent His son into the world and the scripture says all we like sheep have gone astray we have turned everyone to our own ways and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all











Now bringing the hand representing god even with my book of sin and then











taking that book I held in my right hand of my sin and placing in my left hand which for now represents Jesus, where is that book of sin now? It is on Jesus all of my sin which God hates has been placed on Jesus Christ. my sin has been transferred from me to Jesus in one full swoop. Now there is no more sin between me and God.











Finally when the last sin had been paid for Jesus said it is finished! This is an interesting word in the original text it is TETELESTAI a commercial word which means it is paid the debt is paid when He died he was buried in a grave for three days but He rose from the dead and went to heaven to prepare a place for you and me. Now he offers eternal life to you and me as a gift.











The key to heaven





There are tons of religions out their lets put them all on a key ring you can try them all but the truth is only one that will fit the door to heaven. Because the truth is, there is only one True God who is King of kings and God of gods





Part of holding the key is having FAITH











What faith is not, faith is not Mere head knowledge.











James 2:19





You believe that there is one God Good! Even the demons believe that – and shudder.











One may have a knowledge of Jesus and God as in a mere history overview however this not putting faith into nor having a relationship with Jesus/God.











Faith is not temporal faith.





If I were to take a plane trip and pray for traveling faith for God to let the plane take off and land safely this is temporal faith, for when I arrived I no longer needed this faith it was a temporary faith, just as we pray when we have a cold or flu to feel better, when were well we soon move on and need that faith to get well no more.











What faith is-?











TRUSTING IN JESUS CHRIST ALONE FOR ETERNAL LIFE











Acts 16:31 Believe (trust) in the lord Jesus and you will be saved.











Say I had three chairs of the best quality and kind and I were to ask you if this chair would hold you up? Would you sit in it? And while you were sitting in this chair would you worry that it would not hold you up the whole time you were sitting in it? Of course not! You would relax and know the chair was made to hold you up. Now I said I had three chairs I am sitting in one that represents me you are sitting in the other that represents you and the third chair is the Jesus chair and represents Jesus. Now for a long time I believed Jesus existed and he could help me however I did not have eternal life because I was trusting in my own good works to get me into heaven. Years ago I repented of my sins and transferred my trust from myself to Jesus Christ—from what I had been doing for God to what He has done for me. Now let me ask you this why isn’t the Jesus chair holding you up? What would it take for the Jesus chair to be holding you up? Right! You would have to transfer yourself from your chair into the Jesus Chair.











When I ask you what you would say to God if He were to ask you why should I let you into my heaven, most would respond well because I’m not a bad person I do good things when I can I’m not perfect but I’m not bad.





Who is the only person they are referring to??? That’s right “I” themselves.











Remember we are not saved by our good works. There is nothing WE can do to buy trade earn our way to heaven . . . . . nothing!











TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE YOU MUST TRANSFER YOUR TRUST FROM YOURSELF TO JESUS CHRIST ALONE FOR ETERNAL LIFE!











Faith is the hand of a beggar reaching out to accept the gift of a king





Years ago this beggar (Me) reached out an unworthy hand and received the gift of eternal life. I did not deserve it then and I don’t deserve it now but I have it----by grace!











Why then should I try and live a good life? The reason for living a godly life is gratitude for this gift of eternal life I’m not trying to gain something I don’t have by my efforts to be good rather I’m saying “thank you” To the Lord the motive for Christian living is gratitude for the gift of eternal life.











Does this make sense to you?





Would you like to receive the gift of eternal life?











Let me clarify what this involves:











Transferring your trust from yourself to Jesus Christ alone





Receiving the resurrected and living Christ as your savior





Revelations 3:20





Here I am I stand at the door and knock if any





One hears my voice and opens the door I will come in eat with him and he with me











Be willing in your heart to receive Jesus as Lord. . . . . . You have not read this by chance my friend











Jesus is knocking on your door right now. . . . .











If this is what you want in your heart please say out loud this prayer to God. He is Listening and waiting to give you this special gift.











O Dear God, I know that I am unworthy without you, and that I need you. Thank you that Christ died for my sins, and offered me eternal life, I ask you to forgive my sins and to help me not sin against you. I accept Christ as my Savior and open the door to my heart. Take my life into your hands and make it abundant and useful, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ Amen.











I would like you to read something that will give you the assurance of your salvation





These are words of Jesus himself











John 6:47 verily, verily I say unto you he that believes on me has everlasting life.











Please if I can answer any questions ask me I always suggest you tell someone what you have done find a church close to you and get a bible and start in the book of John the bible is Gods word to us. Pray for understanding of what you read and God will hear you and give you understanding.











This is why I believe in a higher power, Because Jesus Christ saved my life!











In the precious love of Jesus





Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment