Monday, August 16, 2010

Anyone who has a signifigant other in the marines help? How do you deal with it?

My boyfriend wants to join the marines and I don't want to keep him from doing what he wants but how do you guys deal with it?Anyone who has a signifigant other in the marines help? How do you deal with it?
Honestly, knowing what I know now, I would never let my husband have joined.





It was NOT for us. He spends all of his time sitting around doing nothing(literally. on a curb outside his building. all day. every day), being jerked around/lied to, and being yelled at and being told to kiss ***.





I'm sure it's not this way for everyone, and I know for a fact that there are people who enjoy this kind of aggressive/macho, and kissing-***-to-get-promoted lifestyle, just know that there are some military wives out here who have seen beyond the recruiter videos and the dreamy stories of military wives who haven't dealt with what I have/don't mind it because their husbands don't mind it.





Don't flame me- my experiences are real and we are counting down the days.Anyone who has a signifigant other in the marines help? How do you deal with it?
You just deal with it. I live a normal life, I just happen to be married to a Marine. I know its a short and simple answer, but it is the truth. You either deal with it, or not. I choose to accept his career, deployments and commitment without whining about the ';hard, tough job it is'; and our life is great.


The best way to ';deal'; with it, is not to become an emotional, dependent, obsessed with the military, wreck of a woman. Be strong, independent, intelligent, and loyal....you will ';deal'; better as being a military gf/wife doing this. Its honestly not that different of a life, other than deployments and training.
you just have to cope with it really...you have to do things to keep yourself busy and your mind off of him being gone.
Can you imagine a world without men? No crime and lots of happy fat women.
convince him to join reserves and go to college if u want him around

No comments:

Post a Comment