Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How do you guys deal with acceptance?

it just seems so unfair that we only have so much time on eart, totally impossible to experience everything, to know and understand everything, to accomplish everything...Is it bad to strive for perfection, and what the heck is perfection??? I don't think it exists...There is no way you would be good and familiar with everything, no way you would know if you've found your happiness just because there is soooo much out there (information you';ve never reached, people you've never met, philosophies you've never been introduced to, resources you never reached) that you are completely oblivious to...Oh I am starting to feel so pittifull...How do you guys deal with acceptance?
You are not pitiful...this is completely natural for a lot of people to feel this way.





I know exactly how you feel. There is just so much out there to see, do, experience...sometimes it can feel overwhelming and hopeless.





Personally, I believe in reincarnation. I think that it is ridiculous and illogical that we only get one shot at life. This is not to say that I remember any past lives, but I believe that the collected experience and wisdom that we gain in each life go with us into each new life.





Sometimes it is very hard to live with such passion for life and learning...it can be downright exhausting. Whatever you do, however, do NOT ever stop. What you need is to find some kind of balancing energy. You may want to look into some type of meditation, relaxation techniques, tai chi, yoga, something of the sort.





I don't know how old you are, but I am in my 30's and one thing that helped me was to go back to school. Even if you are only able to take one class per semester, don't worry about working towards a degree if you don't want to. Take a philosophy class or a sociology class at a smaller local community college, one where the class size is small enough that you can have actual class discussions.





For me, just the act of sitting in a class full of people, discussing our ideals and just life in general expanded my world that much more.





Another thing that helps me is to write. Sometimes I get so much stuff in my head, so many ideas, that I just write them all down. A lot of mine is on the computer, simply because I can't write as fast as I think and I foget things before I can get them written down. I type 85 wpm, however, which still isn't as fast as I think, but it's easier than writing, and much easier to read afterwards...LOLHow do you guys deal with acceptance?
It is good to want to be the best that you can be. It is good to want to learn things.





It is not good to waste your time and energy worrying about it. That is time and energy you could have spent going to see.





Go and discover. Despair is not for those who wish to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment